Culture Action Europe, with the support of the Open Society Foundations (OSF) has launched the project, entitled “Supporting MENA cultural agents in the EU”. With this project, Culture Action Europe will create spaces to connect, exchange and work together with the cultural agents from the MENA region working and living in the EU. In the framework of the project, capacity building workshops and webinars on the selected topics will be organised. We will also launch research on the impact of COVID-19 affecting the collaboration between MENA and EU cultural agents, with a particular focus on professional and living circumstances and challenges (e.g. social rights and social security benefits, freedom of movement or artistic expressions). Policy recommendations on these issues will also be developed and included in our advocacy work.
The objectives of the project are:
- To raise awareness about the specific circumstances of MENA cultural agents residing in the EU, with a particular insight on the (post-)COVID-19 context; and
- To strengthen the collaboration between EU and MENA cultural agents.
The main activities of the project include:
- Mapping on the MENA cultural agents residing in the EU
- Networking and knowledge sharing:
- Structured focus groups around specific subjects
- CAE membership and participation in network and committee meetings
3. Capacity building: webinars on selected topics
- How COVID affected collaboration between EU and MENA cultural agents;
- Particular professional and living circumstances and challenges (e.g. social rights and social security benefits, freedom of movement or artistic expressions).
5. Advocacy action, policy recommendations:
- A better inclusion of MENA cultural agents in the EU COVID-19 aid packages;
- Improving MENA cultural agents living and working conditions;
- Including specific issues of concern from MENA cultural agents on CAE actions.
Culture Action Europe looks forward to working closer with its members and partners to implement this one-year project. Do you want to follow the project closely or do you have any questions or ideas? Do not hesitate to contact us.