On behalf of IETM – International network for contemporary performing arts, Culture Action Europe (CAE), European Network of Cultural Centres (ENCC) and Trans Europe Halles (TEH) we would like to thank all the people who participated in the Beyond the Urban webinar that was held yesterday morning at IETM’s offices. It was a great experience and we appreciate the various and meaningful interventions that many of you did during the conversation!
We have noted down your comments and contributions and will take them forward in our future advocacy actions to ensure better recognition of arts and culture in non-urban and peripheral areas. For the ones who could not attend, don’t worry: here you can watch the full webinar and dive in the #BeyondtheUrban discussion.
We would like to also share with you some resources, calls and publications organisers and participants have been referring to during the webinar. Please find the list below:
- “Beyond the Urban – Contemporary arts and culture in non-urban areas as keys to a sustainable and cohesive Europe” – Joint Policy Paper (CAE, ENCC, IETM, TEH).
- IETM Fresh Perspectives Publication: “Arts in Rural Areas”.
- “Culture Crops”: Culture Action Europe’s Beyond the Obvious 2019 Report.
- ENCC Crowdsourced Manifesto: “Culture for Smart, Shared, Innovative Territories 2016-2020”.
- ENCC Reading Room on Non-Urban Culture.
- New European Agenda for Culture of the European Commission.
- European Framework for Action on Cultural Heritage of the European Commission.
- Work Plan for Culture 2019-2022 of the Council.
- Voices of Culture.
- Cultural Heritage in Action: “Sharing solutions in European cities and regions”.
- LEADER programme.
We will keep you in the loop of future actions and developments on this topic.