Are you wondering how cultural organisations can do something about climate change and sustainability ? Our member European Network of Cultural Centres (ENCC) has a collection of projects from 45 cultural centres thoughout Europe.
With ENCC pilot project Seeds of Sustainability (SOS) they mapped how cultural centres are taking concrete actions to tackle climate change and sustainability. This publication gathers good practices and initiatives from organisations in ENCC network and beyond, focusing on the following topics:
- Social sustainability: developing diversity and inclusion programme, promoting actions related to equality, inclusion and diversity work to increase overall sustainability
- Environmental sustainability: greening the network, events, and raise awareness about the need for a shift
- Sustainable mobility: moving towards soft transport and questioning our lifestyles, involving individual and collective reflection on travel needs
- Circular economy: progressing towards a regenerative approach, eliminating waste and the continual use of resources
- Ethical digitalization: paying attention to the tools we use when bringing our work online, reducing our digital carbon footprint and moving away from the tools offered by Big Tech
Check out the 45 projects and get inspired here.