(This initiative is an open call for cities and local governments)
Culture Action Europe and its partner Agenda 21 for Culture – UCLG have jointly launched the Programme “Culture in Sustainable Cities: Learning with Culture 21 Actions”, dedicated to cities and local governments for the period 2015-2017.
The programme aims at:
• fostering increased local and European understanding of the connection between culture and local sustainable development in the participating cities
• enabling the design, implementation and evaluation of innovative pilot measures in areas relevant to culture and sustainable cities, through collaboration between public, private and civil society actors
• facilitating exchanges, evaluation, peer-learning and capacity-building among European cities concerned with culture and sustainable development, on the basis of the thematic areas identified in Culture 21 Actions
• providing wide visibility to the participating cities and their policies and programmes in the European and global discussions on the role of culture in sustainable development
• contributing to the advocacy for the explicit consideration of cultural factors in the paradigm of sustainable cities in Europe and beyond.
This programme provides opportunities for European local governments to participate in a learning process, on the basis of the principles and actions included in “Culture 21 Actions“, the new Agenda 21 for Culture’s document approved during the first UCLG Culture Summit of March.
Each Pilot City will benefit from a 26 to 28 months mentoring, from the analysis of the local context and first assessment, to peer-learning, participative dialogue with local citizens and the final communication.
Cities and local governments have until June 30 to express their interest at info(at)agenda21culture.net
To read the programme, download the document from the box on the right.