For many years the ENCC has been working on diversity and inclusion, with a specific focus on arts and disability. Yet despite recent progress and inspirational practices, diversity in cultural organisations is still lacking. That is why the network decided to set out a collection of aims in practicing equality and celebrating diversity in our workplaces and cultural spaces.
The key points are:
● Identifying any barriers for under-represented groups to participate
● Identifying and considering under-representation on our boards and management teams
● Considering what equality policies we have or might want to establish help us with this work
● Reviewing accessibility from a disability perspective
● Considering how we reach diverse audiences and give visibility to different equality groups
● Considering how we monitor for equality.
Click the link to read a full document.