Culture Action Europe is looking for Communications Intern.
Duration: (3 months) September-November 2018, preferably full-time
Start date: 3 September 2018
Culture Action Europe (CAE) is looking for a dynamic, efficient, multi-skilled student and/or graduate in communications (Bachelor or Master’s) with a keen interest in culture, campaigning, community mobilisation and event organisation.
Who are we looking for?
- Students of communications, public relations, journalism and other related studies.
- Experience in using web based resources, including social media, web editors, content management system (CMS). Knowledge of HTML a plus.
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of other EU languages a plus.
- Attention to details.
- Well-organised, practical-minded and able to prioritise a busy and varied workload.
- An independent, proactive, self-starter personality.
- Interest in European networks and membership-based organisations.
What will you do?
The successful candidates will work closely with our Communications and Community Director, and will assist the Policy and Operations Teams when necessary. Interns attend team meetings and are fully involved in CAE activities.
Communications intern will be primarily involved in the following activities:
- Support implementation of communication actions (mailing design and drafting), including monthly News Digests and Newsletter;
- Website update and Social Media activity
- Monitor social media and contribute to social media strategy implementation
- In-house design of publications
- Event management: planning, logistics and communication
- Assisting in preparation of CAE’s annual Beyond the Obvious conference, in Timisoara, Romania 25-27 October (cae-bto.org)
- Attending key events
What do we offer?
The selected intern will benefit from the experience in the following ways:
- Obtain practical knowledge on running a members-based organisation
- Develop a solid understanding of external communications practices and practical knowledge of communication tools and softwares
- Experience high-profile events management first hand. Travel to Timisoara, Romania together with the CAE team to help the conference organisation (all costs of the travel and subsistence covered)
- Gain a thorough insight into the workings of NGO communications and lobbying in Brussels and at European level
- Life-work balance,
- Team driven project
Send your CV and motivation letter (both in English) to contact(@)cultureactioneurope.org before Monday 22 July, 2018, 6pm Brussels time. Please mention “Communications Intern 18T2” in the subject line.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype in August.
Please note, that this is a volunteer internship. We are giving priority to candidates living in Brussels, holding a grant (Erasmus+ or similar) or carrying out the internship as part of their studies. A modest financial contribution towards costs linked to the execution of the internship will be provided.