Culture Action Europe is looking for Communications Intern.
Duration: (4 months) mid January – mid May 2019, preferably full-time
Start date: 14 January 2019 (flexible)
Please note, that this is a volunteer internship. We are giving priority to candidates living in Brussels, holding a grant (Erasmus+ or similar) or carrying out the internship as part of their studies. A modest financial contribution towards costs linked to the execution of the internship will be provided.
Culture Action Europe (CAE) is looking for a dynamic, efficient, multi-skilled student and/or graduate in communications (Bachelor or Master’s) with a keen interest in culture, campaigning, policy communication and event organisation.
Who are we looking for?
- Students of communications, public relations, journalism and other related studies;
- Experience in using web based resources, including social media, web editors, content management system (CMS). Knowledge of HTML a plus;
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in campaigning is a plus;
- Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of other EU languages a plus;
- Attention to details;
- Well-organised, practical-minded and able to prioritise a busy and varied workload;
- An independent, proactive, self-starter personality;
- Interest in European networks and membership-based organisations.
What will you do?
The successful candidates will work closely with our Communications and Community and Policy teams. Interns attend team meetings and are fully involved in CAE activities.
Communications intern will be primarily involved in the following activities:
- Support CAE EP Elections Campaign;
- Support implementation of communication actions (mailing design and drafting), including monthly News Digests and Newsletter;
- Website update and Social Media activity;
- Monitor social media and contribute to social media strategy implementation;
- In-house design of publications;
- Event management: planning, logistics and communication;
- Attending key events.
What do we offer?
The selected intern will benefit from the experience in the following ways:
- Obtain practical knowledge on running a members-based organisation;
- Develop a solid understanding of external communications practices and practical knowledge of communication tools and softwares;
- Experience high-profile events management first hand;
- Gain a thorough insight into the workings of NGO communications and lobbying in Brussels and at European level;
- Life-work balance;
- Team driven project.
Send your CV and motivation letter (both in English) to contact(@)cultureactioneurope.org before Friday 4 January 2019, 6pm Brussels time. Please mention “Communications Intern 19T1” in the subject line.
Interviews will be conducted in January.