“Supporting MENA cultural agents in the EU” is a one-year project funded by the Open Society Foundations and implemented by Culture Action Europe (CAE). The project aims at raising awareness about the specific circumstances of MENA – Middle East and North Africa – cultural agents residing in the European Union, with a particular focus on the (post) COVID-19 context; it also looks into strengthening collaboration between MENA and European cultural agents.
The project specifically addresses artists, cultural workers, and cultural organisations from the region that are living and working in the countries of the European Union.
Find out more about the project in English, French and Arabic.
CAE is currently undertaking the first step of the project which is mapping the cultural agents to engage with. Do you want to engage with CAE on this initiative?
- Are you an artist, cultural worker or a cultural organisation from the MENA region who is living, working and operating in the countries of the European Union?
- Would you like to engage in the two research studies, and share your viewpoints through Focus Groups on:
- Living and working conditions of MENA cultural agents in the EU (eg. social rights and social security benefits, cultural rights and freedoms, mobility and gender inequality).
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the MENA cultural agents residing and creating in the EU.
* The conclusions of these studies will lead to the formulation of policy recommendations and advocacy actions, mainly addressed to European institutions.
- Would you wish to participate in webinars on specific issues of your concern related to living and working conditions in the EU, freedom of expression, mobility, etc.?
- Would you be interested to join the Culture Action Europe network and experience it from inside by participating in the CAE events, working groups, geographical hubs?
Do you want to be involved in this project? Let us know by filling in the form below!
(in order to access the registration, please choose “1” next to the “I want to be part of the project”, thank you!)