Fabulamundi aims to be a stronger and wider platform of support and promotion of the contemporary playwriting across Europe, in order to reinforce and enhance the activities and strategies of the professionals and artists working in the sector and to provide the theatre authors with opportunities of networking, multicultural encounter and professional development.
Specific objectives the project wants to reach are:
- Promote the circulation, translation, publication and staging of new plays across Europe, through an ongoing exchange process supported by the participating organizations.
- Promote the knowledge and circulation of valuable playwrights in Europe through an ongong program of mobilty and exchange.
- Support the playwrights’ professional development, through a wide and ongoing program of peer to peer learning activities, networking and encounter with other playwrights, professionals and stakeholders.
- Capacitate drama related organizations (theatres, festivals, playwrights’ associations, publishers, drama schools…) in the development of new specific competences (Audience Development, co-production, training…)
- Enhance a favourable ‘ecosystem’ for new plays and playwrights circulation and production, promoting the dialogue and the cooperation amongst the different stakeholders involved in the value chain.
- Create an international network of playwrights, artists, professionals and stakeholder (from public institutions to drama schools, from cultural associations to publishing associations) aimed at strengthening the whole drama sector, in a long-term perspective.
- Promote Audience Development in the drama sector at EU level, through the definition, testing, assessing and dissemination of specific strategies (with a new attention to the new citizens and refugees).
- Create, test and assess collaborative strategies and methodologies for the promotion of playwriting at EU level, to be replicated in a long-term perspective with the aim of guarantee the sustainability of the project.
- Promote a cultural reflection at EU level amongst artist, cultural operators and the public on the theme “Beyond Borders?” (theme of the project) addressed from a social and cultural point of view.