AV Audience Development Meeting 2017
AVnode | LPM 2015 > 2018: AV Audience Development Meeting 2017
Culture Action Europe invites audio-visual-artists to a “Live Performance Meeting” (LPM) in Brussels.
AVnode LPM 2015 > 2018
Bozar – Brussels 20th 21st of April 2017
On 20th and 21st April 22 audio-visual artists from all over Europe will participate in a two day event in Brussels organised by Culture Action Europe. The focus will be on the topic of Audience Development. This theme we see highly relevant as the audio-visual-performances are still a niche art.
The meeting starts on April 20th at 14:00 in La Rotonde which is located in the prestigious cultural centre BOZAR, Rue Ravenstein 23. After the welcoming part we will listen to a presentation of the newly launched “Live Skills Project” by the British Council. Programme responsible Irini Vouzelakou will guide us through the concept of this project. She will be happy to receive constructive feedback from our LPM participants.
The next topic of the programme will be at 16:30 a joined visit at the international acknowledged Media and Art Center Argos. Director Rolf Quaghebeur is looking forward to show us the collection of the centre and to interact with our artists. After a short walk we will come back to La Rotonde and while we enjoy our dinner we are going to set up the space for the event starting at 21:00
In-between 19:00 and 21:00 all artists are welcome to play with their knowledge/light together with Swen Seyerlen from AVNode
Bright Light Bozar
From 21:00 onwards we will provide a public! event sharing the artists expertise. More information can be found here.
On Friday 21st we will start at 9:30 in the Mezzanin (also in Bozar) with the presentation of a brand-new Audience Development Study done by Fitzcarraldo, eccom, intercult and Culture Action Europe. Alessandra Gariboldi will tell us the most important insights. After a coffee break we continue with a workshop on Audience Development lead by Rossana. Then lunch will fill us with new energy before tackling the project meeting and touching the finance report of the last year. The presentation will be done by Gianluca. After this Workshop the official programme of our LPM will end. We invite you to join us to a final drink before leaving beautiful Brussels.
AVnode LPM 2015 > 2018 is a cooperation project between 13 partners from 12 countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Turkey and United Kingdom, aimed to promote and develop live video culture to European and worldwide audience with 14 events per year:
- Stagione Culturale Francese in Italia | Institut Français d’Italie | Rome Italy | June-October
- Live Cinema festival | Flyer Communication | Rome Italy | September
- Patch Lab Festival | Kultural Kolektiv Foundation | Kraków Poland | October
- Lunchmeat Festival | Lunchmeat o.s. | Praha Czech Republic | October
- Madatac | Transfera Media Arts sl | Madrid Spain | January
- B-Seite Festival | Verein für visuelle Kunst und Jetztkultur e.V. | Mannheim Germany | March
- Oddstream Festival | Stichting Oddstream | Nijmegen Netherlands | March
- AV Audience Development | Culture Action Europe | Brussels Belgium | April
- AV Playground | 4youreye Bischof-Herlbauer OG | Vienna Austria | April
- Live Performers Meeting | Flyer Communication | Amsterdam Italy | May
- Athens Digital Arts Festival | Multitrab Productions | Athens Greece | May
- ROM | Művelődési Szint Kft. | Budapest Hungary | May
- Splice Festival | Elastic Eye Ltd | London United Kingdom | May
- Bursa AV residency | Bursa Metropolitan Municipality | Bursa Turkey | July
AVnode LPM 2015 > 2018 project gives special attention to Audience Development activities and strategies. The purpose is to help European artists/cultural professionals and their works reach as many people as possible across Europe, as well as extend access to cultural works to under-represented groups.
The meeting in Brussels the 20st 21st of April 2017 is mainly focus on the 13 partners of the project with some special guest.
Rue Ravenstein 23, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium