Culture Action Europe is recruiting a policy director, based in Brussels. Deadline to apply: 30 November noon (CET).
CAE POLICY DIRECTOR | JOB DESCRIPTION
37,5 hrs / per week
The Policy Director is in charge of:
- Developing organisation’s lobby and advocacy strategy in Brussels, under the supervision of the Secretary General in coordination with the rest of the directors (meetings with key EU institutions, national, regional and local policy makers, and with other relevant stakeholders; planning and implementation of advocacy actions, etc.). Liaise and network with the European Institutions, MEPs offices and staff as well as with Members State representations in Brussels.
- Drafting, co-ordinating, consulting with members and editing policy content produced by the organisation (position papers, policy briefings, impact reviews, answering consultations, surveys affecting CAE’s stakeholders, producing policy news items, campaign and other advocacy material, etc).
- Producing bi-monthly newsletter and monthly newsdigest. Provide policy content for communication and manage CAE twitter account concerning policy
- Representing the organisation on policy topics in events, conferences, working groups, and active participation in other relevant working groups and alliances (e.g. budget working group CSCG, Platforms, etc.) in coordination with the Secretary general, the Executive Committee and the rest of the directors.
- Supporting CAE members in EU policy related topics.
- Supporting the Secretary General, the Executive Committee and the rest of directors in the advocacy and lobby activities
In addition the policy director is in charge of other admin tasks including the pre-selection and care of policy interns.
- University Degree that we deem as relevant;
- Excellent command of English, good command of French;
- At least 4 years work experience including 2 years in position involving policy and advocacy tasks;
- Proven record of proposals, reports or articles writing, text editing skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge in the EU cultural policies and the structure of European Institutions;
- Excellent communication and representation skills;
- Flexibility, and adaptability;
- Excellent skills in team work and collective decision making while also able to work independently if needed;
- Intercultural skills to interact with stakeholders, members, and staffs from various cultural backgrounds;
This is a full time position based in the Brussels office. The position requires periodic weekend work, and frequent international travels. The wage is fixed to 44.350€ annual gross.
- Potential candidates are requested to send a motivation letter and CV (in English) to email@example.com: Deadline: November 30th, 2019, noon CET;
- Candidates selected for interview will be noticed by December 6th, 2019;
- Round of interviews will take place on December 9th, 10th, 11th, 2019 in Brussels;
- Communications of the result of the recruitment process will be announced the week of the 16th December.
- This position starts from January 1st, 2020, latest February the 1st 2020.
Round of interviews will be held by a panel comprising members of the Board of Directors and the Secretary General.