The Reflection Paper “Belonging and Becoming: A cultural response to the White Paper on the Future of Europe and the accompanying reflection papers” proposes a first answer to this question, reflecting the voices of over 500 cultural players throughout Europe.
A QUICK OVERVIEW
- The Cultural Sector’s assessment of the 5 Scenarios
- Guiding principles and actions for a 6th Scenario
- A cultural response to the European Commission reflection papers
– Reflection paper on the social dimension of Europe
– Reflection paper on harnessing globalisation
– Reflection paper on the future of European defence
– Reflection paper on the future of EU finances
ADVOCACY HAS BEEN RUNNING STRONG!
Tomorrow, Wednesday 13 September, listen in to the State of the Union Speech by President Jean-Claude Juncker, to see whether and which arguments we have been voicing have been taken up. Then, we’ll be reinforcing advocacy and look forward to the resonance we may find in upcoming discussions on the Future of Europe and in the positions and actions of national and European decision-makers.
Culture Action Europe (CAE) consulted member organisations, European networks, partners and the wider civil society on the implication of the White Paper, by convening regional meetings (“hubs”) in eight European countries and through an open real-time online conversation (“Jamm’Europe”), moderated by CAE experts and involving 527 people. During the process we discussed the proposed scenarios and their possible implications for the future of Europe, producing and debating a wide range of creative ideas, critical analysis, aspirations and concerns that directly inform the reflections and proposals presented in this document.