Listen to engaging speeches by Culture Action Europe’s President Mercedes Giovinazzo, the Commissioner for Education, Culture, Multilingualism, Sport, Media and Youth, Androulla Vassiliou, the Director of the European Cultural Foundation Katherine Watson and campaign ambassador Péter Forgacs.
During the campaign launch, Chris Torch also conducted a series of short interviews, gathering different views on why public funding for the arts is essential, with the following people:
* Commissioner for Education, Culture, Multilingualism, Sport, Media and Youth Androulla Vassiliou
* Campaign ambassador Marie Daulne
* President of Jeunes Talents Cirque Europe Association Claude Veron
* Director of Zagreb Center for Independent Culture and Youth Emina Visnic
* Playwright Goran Stefanovski (Macedonia/UK)
* Producer, Curator & Researcher Annette Wolfsberger (NL/AT)
* Director of Opera Europa Nicholas Payne (CY)
* Prof. Dr. Serhan Ada (TR)
* Artistic Director, Košice European Capital of Culture 2013 Zora Jaurová (SK)
* Acting Director, Culture & Media, DG EAC, European Commission, Xavier Troussard.
The campaign launch was filmed in collaboration with the campaign’s strategic partner, the European Cultural Foundation. To listen to the speeches and to get inspired by the interviews, please follow this link.