Title of the project: The Presence of the other
This project is based on the co existence of the three mono theological believes in Dortmund. Involved are two Christian churches (Protestant/Roman Catholic) Islamic two mosque (Turkish/Moroccan) and Jewish the only Synagogue in Dortmund.
The idea is to make imprints (frottage/rubbings) from all the five places and to present them in all five places at the same time. Therefore the imprints are representatives of the other
Presentation– because of being a symbol of the others the treatment, acceptance and relation are a symbol of my relation to my neighbours.
Look back– every community treated the imprints of the other with respect and care.Most of the people very prepared to take something new regarding their believe and their situation in the city.
Integration- Open minded – to present their religion to members of other religions was one of the big chances most of the participants took part.
The quality of the project was visible on different layers.
- Layer one: It started with a concept including technique, places of worship
- Layer two: More and more leading people agreed and joined in the project.
- Layer three: Everything was prepared and organised. Every community was thinking of their very special profile in order to present during the night of the Museums
- Layer four: Presentation, guided tours, lectures, music during the night of the museum and the following weeks.
- Layer five: Finissage: 6 weeks after the opening we had a finissage asking what was different in the last 6 weeks.