It is a non-patrimonial, non-governmental, apolitical and independent organization, with a strong cultural and educational mission.
The main purpose of the Association is to implement the Programme Timisoara 2021 – European Capital of Culture. To achieve that, the Association ensured the necessary activities and the process for Timisoara’s bid, managed and monitored specific projects for the title, it promoted the candidature to accomplish the project.
The purposes of the Association are:
- To coordinate the process for the Programme Timisoara 2021 – European Capital of Culture;
- To plan and to make sure that the events of 2021 will be organized;
- To organize fundraising activities, to collect the necessary money for the 2021 Programme and to promote it at national and international level;
- To collaborate with public institutions and NGOs in order to implement;
- To ensure the legacy of the project.