For an artist, mobility is often an intrinsic part of the creative process and the dissemination of the work. Mobility offers the chance of a larger public, an opening unto the world and the development of different artistic techniques. Mobility allows the artist to experience diversity and to integrate it into the creative process. The main obstacles to the mobility of artists are fiscal, the visa regime, work permits or right of residence, social security and intellectual property issues.
You will find here:
- CAE 2013 briefing on Mobility of artists
- IETM recommendations for concrete actions for mobility in the culture sector
- IETM x On The Move report “Global Roaming, mobility beyond Europe for professional artists and arts managers” (2007)
- Ericarts study on Mobility of Artists and Social Security (in French) (2006)
- Richard Poláček’s study on impediments to mobility in the EU live performance sector (2007)